Submitting a notification or applying for a permit?
If your company affects the environment, you must apply for an environmental permit or submit a notification under the Activities Decree. The Environmental Management Act and the Activities Decree, among others, describe the environmental regulations for entrepreneurs. If your activities have little or no impact on the environment, no permit or notification is required. To determine what is required in your situation, we have listed what you need to do.
What should you do?
Via the Activities Internet Module (AIM), you can easily determine what is required in your situation. There are three possibilities:
- Submit a notification
- Apply for a permit
- Not submitting a notification or applying for a permit
Depending on your situation, you should follow the instructions below.
I must submit a notification
Immediately submit the notification via the Activities Internet Module (AIM).
I must apply for a permit
- Contact DCMR for a preliminary consultation. During this preliminary consultation, it will be established which permits are required and what information the permit application should contain. Please contact us via the DCMR desk. This can be done by calling +31 (0)10 246 8060 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- We recommend that you seek guidance from a consulting firm during the permit application process.
- Is your permit application complete? Then submit it to the online environmental desk (Omgevingsloket Online (OLO)). They will forward the application to the municipality or province. They will also send the application to DCMR. After DCMR has received your application, you will receive a confirmation of receipt within 7 days. We will then process your permit application.
I do not need to submit a notification or apply for a permit
- Verify what the regulations are that apply to your company. After entering all the information, the Activities Internet Module (AIM) will provide an overview of the applicable regulations.
Check whether you need to comply with the energy-saving obligation and the obligation to inform.
Companies with an annual consumption of 50,000 kWh of electricity or 25,000 m³ of natural gas (equivalent) or more must meet the energy-saving obligation and the obligation to inform. The obligation to inform means that you must report which energy-saving measures have been taken. eLoket of RVO.nl is available for reporting purposes.
Summary of all the steps
- Determine what is required in your situation via the Activities Internet Module (AIM).
- Submit the notification via the Activities Internet Module (AIM), or
- Apply for a permit using the Omgevingsloket Online.
- Do you not need to apply for a permit or submit a notification? Then verify which rules and regulations apply to your company.
- Visit the eLoket if you need to comply with the energy-saving obligation or the obligation to inform.